Thursday, April 20, 2006

Wales, a place.

A few days ago i went to Dai's homeland and mothership, Wales (or Cymru if your welsh). it was a good holiday, we went to the beach and as usual i built a feck-off huge sancastle that took almost the whole beach up and spoilt everyone elses fun, HA! We also went to see a cool water fall and we also went swimming. Very cool.

5 interesting things about wales that i discovered.

1 - 'Five' in welsh, translates as 'Pimp'. Why has no-one made any good jokes about that yet?

2 - If you feel you have suddenly forgotten to read, DON'T PANIC, a lot of signs are written in welsh first, then english

3 - The welsh language is unpronouncable - not helped by the fact that they have less letters in their alphabet than we do, and one of their letters is a double D

4 - The gate to the underworld is (fittingly) located in Wales, in the form of a dirty great waterfall, it was quite cool.

5 - If five (or pimp) minutes have passed without seeing a sheep, you are no longer in Wales.

Well thats what I learnt, anything to add Dave?

[Dai Edit]
Indeed I do, I don't normally (or ever) tamper with the posts...but it seems more fitting to post here than on the comments.
I have to add the following few things:

6 - Apparently a sheep tied to a lamppost is called a "leasure centre". A couple of my mates asked me if I wanted to go to the leasure centre (the proper one..not the sickening alternative) which prompted me to run to hills yelling "Unclean!! Unclean!!"

7 - In the valleys where I came from, the industrial crash has hit it hard, and the only real inhabitants left are the elderly, the young, and the chavs. Fucking hell, there's a load of chavs. I don't know which was funnier...their ignorance of the world around them, or their chavspeak in a welsh accent (ya got beef boyo? etc). Fittingly, the only surviving industry is the Burberry Factory. oo err....

8 - Putting things in microwaves in the middle of the Brecon Beacons to see what happens (eggs, wool, James Blunt albums...) is dangerous, irresponsable and fucking hilarious....

That's my input. ECPA Dai

(and this post was originally made by JOSHH...if the little "posted by" thing below says so differently...LIAR!!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Superwench/ Captain's Wench said...

yeah wales is a place iv never travelled to. recommend it guys? mums letting me go to stockport!....IF they sort me ut with accomidation which passes her test. GRGH ARGH!!!! why does she hav to make everything so difficult!!! i was not ammused when she told them boiut my 6 rejections and then asked WHY they wanted me when iv bin rejected from everywhere else?

smoo

NRLY done all my holiday work though which is good.

4/21/2006 1:16 pm  
Blogger J.O.S.H.H. said...

im back at college and i still havn't done all my holiday work! after lunch im goin home to try and do some english before its TOO LATE!

4/24/2006 1:19 pm  
Blogger Superwench/ Captain's Wench said...

lol the english was killed, and in my english i am being killed by BOREDOM!!!!!! hope yall are having a better time at coll that me - PARTY ON FRIDAY!!!!! SOOOOO CANT WAIT DAVE!!!!! AND RACH OF COURSE! XXXXXX

4/26/2006 10:22 am  
Blogger J.O.S.H.H. said...

yes indeedy a party tonight! if it isnt fun i will be righteously pissed off!

4/28/2006 3:03 pm  
Blogger J.O.S.H.H. said...

it was fun, and as far as i know thwar wasnt there and is infact dead.

I think dave and rach should do a party post, that is, after their hangover ending.

4/29/2006 8:12 pm  
Blogger Thwar said...

sorry i didn't go to the party, been real busy and stressed and occupied etc, hope u all are well

5/01/2006 3:02 pm  
Blogger Superwench/ Captain's Wench said...

THWARS ALIVE!!!!!

5/02/2006 9:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home